- We have access to social workers and handle all case management.
- We are based in Staten Island but also serve the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, Rockland County and New Jersey.
- Entitlement Assistance - determining eligibility and applying for benefits i.e. Medicaid, Medicare, Food Stamps, Rent Increase Exemptions, SSI, tax break and Access-A-Ride.
- Assessment of needs - A comprehensive evaluation, including finances, health status, living arrangements,support systems, safety needs.
- Development of a client-specific care management plan.
- Care management services. Advocating on behalf of the client to meet their needs.
- Facilitation of family meetings focused on issues related to the elder's care.
- Information and referrals - providing community resource information and referrals.
- Relocation and placement - we customize placement for appropriate alternative living arrangements after assessing the level of care needed, financial realities and preferred locations.
- Our Network - Our professional relationships cover the spectrum of long term care: physicians, elder law attorneys, home care providers, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, adult day care centers.
- Pooled Trusts - learn how to preserve your assets for supplemental needs while becoming financially eligible for public assistance benefits
FAIR HEARING ASSISTANCE
Do you believe your case made by a social service agency is wrong? Well you might be eligible for Fair Hearing Assistance. This gives you the opportunity to tell an Administrative Law Judge under the state law of New York your side of the story. If eligible, you can get a final decision from the Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance and with their help, you can get a written letter which states whether the agency’s ruling was right or wrong. In return, order the agency to adjust your case. Eldercare Resources can represent you at the Fair Hearing. all you have to do is provide the needed documents to your Eldercare Consultant, and he/she will be the “Representative” that will present your case. If interested, please contact Eldercare Resources at 917-301-7624.
- Alliance for Aging
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Health Care Association (AHCA)
- eHealthcare Solutions
- Families USA: The Voice for Health Care Consumers
- MedicareRx Connection
- National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA)
- National Conference of Gerontological Nurse Practitioners (NCGNP)
- National Council on Aging (NCOA)
- National Health Council
- National Womens Health Network
- Optical Society of America (OSA)
- Visiting Nurse Association of America (VNAA)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS)
- National Institute on Aging (NIA)
- National Institute of Health (NIH)
- NYC Department for the Aging
- NYC Official Web Site
- NY State Dept/Health Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage (EPIC)
- NY State Hospital Profile
- NY State Physician Profile
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (HHS)
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
- Social Security Administration (SSA)